Re: [TenTec] mod 961 PS repair

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] mod 961 PS repair
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:57:12 -0800
A technique often used is to cut the blown track away just at the points where it is still valid. Remove any resist from the last 1/4 inch or so of remaining trace. Drill wire guage holes at the end of each disconnected trace and then solder an appropriate length of solid core insulated wire between them and then epoxy tack the wire to the board in the same path as the original trace.

73,
Jerry, KG6TT

Vicenç wrote:

I am looking for conductive tape to repair a blown track of the
rectifier board of my 961 PS. I have been trying to find it in EA with
no results and I was wondering if someone on the list would be so kind
of providing some clues to find it. In any case one or two feet of tape
(about ¼” width) would be more than enough to repair the track.
Unfortunately I was unable to get a spare PC board from Ten Tec. Any
comments or suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks in advance and 72 de Vicenç, EA3ADV