Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI 2.8 KHz filters

To: tentec@contesting.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI 2.8 KHz filters
From: Charles Greene <cgreene@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:28:40 -0500
Tnx Chuck,

I found it. It's on page 4-45 of my manual; I guess there are a lot of variations of the manual.

Concerning placing the 2.4 KHz 9 MHz filter in the 1.8 KHz filter position and so on after installing the 2.8 KHz filters that I discussed below, a more careful look a the schematic revealed different input resistors for the various filters. The appear to be attenuators, probably for 50 ohm filter inputs to compensate for different losses in the different filters. They shown on the Pass Band Tuning Schematic. Rather than modify the board and replace the resistors, I will just swap the filters and see how it sounds. Then I will run a test using Spectrogram with a white noise source for the receiver and see what the band pass and level are when using each filter.

Tnx agn,

Chas, W1CG