Re: [TenTec] Jupiter on CW

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter on CW
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:45:53 -0500
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 8:28 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter on CW

Today I worked a station running a Jupiter on 40 CW. (I was running brand
X). Most of the time, the signal from the other station was fine, but a
couple of times it developed raspy note that then cleared up.  I had just
finished a lengthy QSO with a station running an Omni VI and didn't hear
distortion on his signal, so I don't think it was on my end.

I seem to remember some comments a while back on the list about a raspiness
in the Jupiter transmitted signal. Has anyone else experienced this? Is
there a solution?

73,
Mark