Re: [TenTec] Good faith & John Swisher KE4CCI (long)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Good faith & John Swisher KE4CCI (long)
From: Joe Malloy <jmalloy@stny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:02:11 -0500
Chuck Guenther wrote:

Alas, Chuck, I don't think that's it -- at least not if my 40 years as a ham are an indication. When I got my General in 1965 I was really happy -- all lay open before me! In the summer of 1966 my father bought me an HE-45b from the Lafayette store in Syosset, NY, where I was to work for a summer some years later. I soon found being limited to a single transmit frequency was tough (just one crystal!) so I located a fellow ham (who call I forget) in Massachusetts who had a Johnson 6N2 VFO for sale and send the money. He let me know it had arrived and ... a story like the Swischer Saga ensued. Mine had a different ending, for after repeated (and I mean *repeated*) letters (no email in the stone age), the guy finally relented -- at a time (some six months later) when I had pretty much lost interest in voice work and went on over to the Bright Side (CW) completely. The fellow in question was retired -- and you'd think his set of morals was tempered by the depression and so on, but for six long months it didn't seem to matter. No excuse from him, just a box with the VFO *finally* arrived.

I think all ages and times have essentially the same character -- it's our perspective of our own that's shifting, not the public values.

But I may be wrong....

73,

Joe, W2RBA

"On November 27th, Mr. Swisher re-sent his mailing address and I inquired if
the MO was on its way and told him I'd advise him when it arrives.  His
reply "Thanks". "

From what you told us, he didn't directly answer your question ! I would have waited for the M.O. I noticed on his profile he has the quote: "To thine own self be true." Let's hope he will come through for you after reading your posting.

73, Chuck NI0C