Re: [TenTec] New Rig Suggestion

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Rig Suggestion
From: "WF2U" <wf2u@starband.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:05:50 -0500
I bought a beautiful Corsair, with the 250 KHz filter for $285 at a hamfest
in October. If you add any suitable power supply you can get used, plus
antenna wire, you could probably squeeze an antenna tuner as well into the
$500 budget.

There are also a number of non T-T rigs you can buy used and are under $500
and are decent performers.

The $550 Icom IC-718 is the cheapest 100 W HF transceiver on the market but
can't even compare in performance to any of the T-T radios. I got one for
MARS use. It's fine on the MARS net frequencies, and convenient to interface
it for digital modes and computer control but it's very marginal at best on
the crowded ham bands.

73, Meir WF2U / NNN0AAF
Landrum, SC