Re: [TenTec] 263 Remote VFO PTO

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 263 Remote VFO PTO
From: "J. W. (Dub) Thornton" <dub@oklahoma.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:39:40 -0600
Haney:

Get a GOOD QUALITY (not Harbor Freight, etc.) Allen, or Hex wrench of
either Metric 1.3mm, or American .050"
size for the screw holding the main tuning knob on most of the older Ten
Tec rigs.  A poor quality wrench is likely
to turn inside the screw head, rounding the corners of the wrench and
possibly even the screw.  My first PTO rebuild
was on a Corsair II, and I did that one without pulling the front panel,
but certainly would never recommend this
approach.  I have done several since then, and its much easier/simpler for
me, to pull the front panel.

Luck with it.

"73" Dub

At 08:40 AM 2/26/2005, you wrote:
>I have in hand the rebuild kit for the PTO in my remote VFO for the Omni
>D.  That's the good news.  The bad is that I can't get the main tuning
>knob off the front.  I've tried every allen wrench and bristol I can find
>and nothing seems to fit.
>
>Also, must you dismantle the entire front panel to release the PTO box?
>
>The TT instructions start with "remove the box from the radio".
>
>Thanks
>
>Haney
>K2XN

J. W.  (Dub) Thornton  K5DUB