[Orion] Comments from an ORION user

To: "TEN TEC LIST" <tentec@contesting.com>,"ORION LIST" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Comments from an ORION user
From: "G.C." <g.crosta@tin.it>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 11:29:00 +0100
Hi friends,

here few comments after the first trial period with the TT Orion.
My first comment is: I like the gear "but.....", always we have comments an I
would like to see my gear improved, if it could be possible.
I know many other ham wrote their suggestions.

- The S meter and power analog indication are approximate and without the
damping action to protect from the needle knock.
  So TT should make some action to solve definitively the defect.
- The second receiver bar graph S meter is totally useless and by removing this
indication TT could have a free area useful to re-arrange better
   the screen.
- I would like to know your opinion about the filter (PBT and BW) graphic
presentation. At the present is totally useless, inaccurate and ugly.
  So why TT should occupy portion of the screen for a bad indication?
  TT could study a different graphic solution and perhaps we could have a more
readable presentation.
- Sweep display below 72 KHz is completely useless. I would suggest to have few
settings: one for +/- 18 KHz and the second for +/- 36 KHz.
  TT should try to get a better solution. Otherwise remove it.
- When the sweep is OFF the same screen area could be useful to show the UTC
and Local time, isn't it? As an option, obviously.
- As we need to calibrate the internal 500 and 250 Hz filter could it be
possible to generate an internal signal for this and other purpose too?

Do you think It could be possible to introduce these and other possible changes
in a future firmware release?
Could we reach an agreement about the possible changes?
Please let me know your comments with positive and constructive suggestion.
I hope also the TT company would take in account and record our comments.

Thanks.

Beppe IZ2ABU