Re: [TenTec] 110 vs 240

To: msembx-aa6e@yahoo.com,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 110 vs 240
From: "Ariel M. Elam" <k4aal@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:19:17 -0600
In a 120/240 volt single phase service, a competent electrician tries to
balance the loads so that the two hot service entrance conductors will
carry equal current. If a 240 volt circuit is added, the balance, good
or bad, is not changed. In addition to what Martin says, the 240 volt
receptacle will carry 1/2 the current and will be less likely to heat
than a 120 volt receptacle. Go with 240 volts.

I left the electrical trade six years ago while senior service
technician at Amprite Electric in Nashville, TN.

73,
Ariel, K4AAL