[TenTec] Orion 1.372 Stability

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 1.372 Stability
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:58:40 -0500
According to what I have heard lately the next version update for the Orion is
going to address the instabilty issues and allow for more smooth  operation of
all the Orion functions.

This has been in the works since the last hamfest in Sevierville and new BETAS
for this new rewrite are set to be released soon to the BETA testers.  If one
of the BETA testers could enlighten us a bit on what is hapenning with this new
series of updates without compromising any secrets it would be helpful to all
on the list.

However,  I do know it involves a complete rewrite of the DSP code for the
processors and will be called 2.0.  We were told this at the last hamfest.

There is a lot of excitement about this as it is expected to clear out all the
persistent issues we have been experiencing in the past.

Toby   W4CAK