Re: [TenTec] [INRAD] INRAD 765 filter for Ten Tec Omni

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, <list@inrad.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [INRAD] INRAD 765 filter for Ten Tec Omni
From: "Chuck Guenther" <ni0c@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:50:33 -0600
Bill, K3UJ wrote: "How many think they
would buy 250 and/or 400 Hz plug-in filters with a 500 Hz pitch offset (9  Mc
IF) for their Omnis?  If I'm not mistaken, it might be worth a  production
run..."

Since I already have the Ten Tec 221, I'd prefer to see such a filter with a
400 Hz bandwidth.  The INRAD 753 is one of my favorite filters, since it seems
to be a good tradeoff between insertion loss and selectivity. Tweak it down a
hundred hertz and it might be the perfect match for the 765.

As I mentioned in my earlier post to the INRAD list, using two 765's-- one in
the roofing filter and one downstream as a 9 MHz IF filter might also work
pretty well.

73,
Chuck  NI0C