[TenTec] T/R Relay on Paragon

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] T/R Relay on Paragon
From: We5f@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 00:36:40 EST
Hello:

I'm sure this question has been asked/answered before, but I'm new to this
list and could use some help.  I have a Paragon 1 with the Giehl chip, version
3.0.

Is there a simple way to defeat the auxiliary T/R switching relay RLY 1 on my
Paragon?  I will never need to switch an external amplifier, and the clicking
is annoying when operating CW QSK.  Could I clip the ground lead on the pot
to defeat the relay?  If I can't defeat it, is there a way to increase the
delay?  It's controlled by R33, a 100kOhm pot on the control board.  Would
going
to a 10 kOhm pot increase the delay to at least 3 seconds?

Thanks for the help!  73, Jim K5HO