Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI+, option 1, OMNI VI+ option 3,or factory OMNI VI Pl

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI+, option 1, OMNI VI+ option 3,or factory OMNI VI Plus
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:17:01 -0800 (PST)
Tommy,

What specific minimum changes would you require of
Orion to take it out of the "unfinished work"
category?

From:  "Tommy" <aldermant@a>
I bought my Omni 6 in '92 and later had the option 3
installed. NEVER had a better radio that the Omni 6!
>From '92 until 03, when I got my Orion, the Omni 6 was
not only the best receiver I've ever owned, it was by
far, the most reliable ham radio I've ever owned. In
those 11 years, it only broke once, and that was due
to the infamous 'operator error'. I still have it,
even though I don't use it anymore, but parting with
it would be like selling an old friend. It has
thousand's of completely trouble-free operating time
on it.

My Orion is what I now call a 'work in progress' rig.