Re: [TenTec] using amp to load rain gutter

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] using amp to load rain gutter
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:11:49 -0800
Live in a CCNR paradise too with no external antennas allowed.  When we
had this house built 15 years ago, I installed a 40m loop in the attic.
  It is 40'x20' fed with ladder line down thru the wall and to a 4:1
balun.  No problem loading on a any band but if set off the alarm horn
on 15m--not good.  Then I tried outdoor loops fed the same way.  Now I
have a 80m loop somewhat in a delta configuration fed at the bottom
corner.  The apex is up 55' in a fir tree.  I used #16 copperweld line
which after it loses its shine, is nearly invisible.  Not a great
antenna but did get FT5XO this morning on 40m CW.

73, Gary W7TEA