Re: [TenTec] KEY_CLICKS

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] KEY_CLICKS
From: "n4lq" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:14:46 -0500
DSP receivers tend to have this characteristic. A cw signal can be
slightly outside the DSP passband, the cw note is not audible but
clicking can be heard. The question then becomes....Is the clicking
really there or is the receiver deceiving me? DSP fans will argue that
the clicking is really there but not noticed in a "regular" receiver
because the "tone" distracts us. Others claim that the clicks
are "digital artifacts". The truth is probably a combination of both.
N4LQ