Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 27, Issue 77

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 27, Issue 77
From: Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:54:53 +0000
> From: "John L Merrill" <jmerrill1@adelphia.net>
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] KEY_CLICKS
> To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
>
> George:
> Probably more than ever on with the Yaesu 1000MP series without the keyclick
> mod.
>
> John N1JM

As a Yaesu 1000MP Mrk V Field user I concur.  Especially in Multi-Multi
contest stations.  I have frequently looked up the website of stations
with bad key clicks and very often those sites will proudly display
photos of a row of 1000MP Mrk Vs.  I've also often heard 1000MP Mrk V
owners say on the contest sites that they haven't gotten around to the
mod yet or they have no intension of doing it.  It is amazing how far
off your receive frequency you can hear an unmodified Yaesu 1000MP Mrk
V. It is maddening!

73,
Art
W2NRA