Re: [TenTec] Orion, Jupiter frequency stability

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion, Jupiter frequency stability
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:16:14 -0500
The Orion schematics are available at the "firmware" site
http://www.rfsquared.com/ . Don't ask why this is all so separate from
the main Orion web pages...

I find the Orion quite stable (e.g., for PSK).  A little drift is
noticeable for the first few minutes after power on, but  my rig
stabilizes at about 0.4 ppm "high" --
http://www.aa6e.net/aa6e/blog/comments.html#freq .  After 10 minutes
or so, I can't hear any meaningful drift.

There is a difference between "stability" and "accuracy".  The 3 ppm
spec refers to the latter, I believe.  Stability (drift, etc.) is much
better - so good after warmup that it's pretty hard to measure.

73, Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net