[TenTec] Inrush Current Protection - Feedback

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Inrush Current Protection - Feedback
From: "Knox, Richard L." <richard.knox@gd-ais.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 12:37:31 -0500
Thanks to all who replied to my query both off line and on the
Reflector.  Somehow I missed the manual's guidance on the proper way to
turn the Omni VI+ on. (Power supply first and then the radio.)   And of
course I was duly chastised by several for that omission.  Mea Culpa!
:-)   Several folks suggested that I leave the PS on all the time.
Several others thought it might indeed be beneficial to use an inrush
protection system to ease the shock to the power supply when I did turn
it on.  So I am going to amend my ways...power supply on first and then
the radio... but I am going to try the inrush protection to the power
supply and see how that fares.

Really appreciate the help and guidance from everyone!

Thanks again and 73!

de KD4BRL  Dick

COL(R) Richard L. Knox
Homeland Security and Assurance
Engineering Development and Integration Services
General Dynamics
1200 Joe Hall Drive, P.O. Box 990
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
Tel:   734-480-5197