Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 step start

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 step start
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 22:15:41 -0400
Yes that thread was started several days ago. I really don't understand why,
however. You DO NOT need step-start for the Ten Tec transceiver power
supplies. You just need to read the manual and do as they suggest, which is
simply turn on your power supply (primarily so the voltage will get up to
proper level) and then turn on your rig. It's just that simple! By the time
your finger leaves the power supply switch and you reach over and turn on
your transceiver, the voltages will have settled out to their near final
value. Most Ten Tec transceivers draw less than two amps in receive mode;
now if you turn on your transceiver with your key down, you need some other
type help!

Step-start circuitry is primarily for amplifier power supplies where your
dealing with a large initial current surge, not transceiver power supplies.

Tommy

W4BQF