Re: [TenTec] Paragon Info Needed

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Info Needed
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:08:24 -0700
Ah, yes... the infamous major and minor loop board soldering problem. My
Paragon fell prey to that New Years Day. UNLOCK! I debated sending it
back to Ten-Tec but decided to fix it myself. Basically I removed all
the solder from the boards... did a careful examination which lead to
several traces that were just too close to one another... fixed those
and resoldered. It worked immediately. I guess the circuit board vendor
didn't do a great job on those boards.

I really like the Paragon... love the FADE and BP controls. It is not as
sensitive as my Omni-VI+ on 15 and 10 meters and the Ten-Tec engineers
told that was to be expected due to its general coverage design but it
isn't that far off. For general haming around I use the Paragon... for
contesting I use the Omni-VI+. I often think the Omni-V is probably a
great meld of these two transceivers and I'm saving up to get one to add
to my small Ten-Tec collection.

73, Jerry, KG6TT