[TenTec] (no subject)

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: "Richard Donovan" <n5xm@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 08:38:21 -0500
     How much do you want to be a good op?  Isn't that what it's really
about?  I came in as a no-code, and can ragchew at 30 wpm, run contests at
40 wpm, and have hit 60 wpm sending in practice on my little Kent single
lever.  You can't legislate excellence.  It's either important to the
individual or it isn't.  There are some great fists out there, and some very
crummy ones.  Other than those who are physically impaired, are we talking
about folks who don't care enough to increase their skills?  The CW
requirement needs to be maintained.  That being said, don't worry about this
too much because most of the Techs won't upgrade, won't bother us on HF,
particularly CW, and won't renew their tickets.  A beautiful Sunday morning
here in Arkansas.  Richard, n5xm