Re: [TenTec] Heil Studio One

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Heil Studio One
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:26:02 -0500
I'm not understanding the problem - what is wrong with a 1.2:1 or 1.4:1
match?  As to the noise, it's a relay switched matching unit with a lot
more range than a tuned capacitor / switched inductor like those earlier
Yaesu/KW/ICOM ones.  You're hearing hundreds of relays seeking the right
tuning combination.  Mine seems to work fine for me on some pretty odd
antenna/frequency combinations.

        73,  DUane