Re: [TenTec] Serial Numbers for Omni

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Serial Numbers for Omni
From: "John L Merrill" <jmerrill1@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:39:25 -0400
TEN TEC SERIAL NUMBER DECODING

Example: Serial Number 06A10108

06 at the front is month of manufacture, or scheduled production run
month.  If we were scheduled to build a run of a particular model in
June, and for some reason we were delayed to July or August for that
particular run, we'd still put "06" at the front of the serial
number.  "A" is a separator between the groups of digits.  "1" is the
production run # for that particular month.  "010" is the unit
number.  "8" is the year of manufacture.

1.   Omni VI Plus s/n 06A10108

      06  = June
      A   = separator
      1   = production run # for that particular month
      010 = unit #
      8   = year of manufacture

      Unit #10 of production run #1 from June, 1998.

2.   Model 238 Tuner s/n 41A10349

      41  = April
      A   = separator
      1   = production run # for that particular month
      034 = unit #
      9   = year of manufacture

      Unit #34 of production run #1 from April, 1989.

3.   Model 420 Amplifier s/n 5B10053
      5   = May
      B   = separator
      1   = production run # for that particular month
      005 = unit #
3    = year of manufacture

      Unit #5 of production run #1 from May, 1993

4.   Model 9420 Power Supply s/n 12A10082
      12  = December
      A   = separator
      1   = production run # for that particular month
      008 = unit #
2   = year of manufacture

      Unit #8 of production run #1 from December, 1992

5.   Model 961 Power Supply s/n 41A10019
      41  = April
      A   = separator
      1   = production run # for that particular month
01  = unit #
9   = year of manufacture

      Unit #1 of production run #1 from April, 1989