Re: [TenTec] cw creation

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] cw creation
From: "James Duffer" <dufferjames@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:31:59 -0500

>From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
>To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
>Subject: Re: [TenTec] cw creation
>Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:14:49 -0400
>
>Name one for instance so we can check it out.

One example could be the SBE Model 34 (Sideband Engineer) with its coadapter
which generated a "close" to sine wave audio tone that was introduced into
the microphone jack, generating an apparently legal type of "CW."  Similar
generation was accomplished in the early Collins line.

Other examples are the "Ultra Low-Cost HF SSB/CW Transceiver (20 watts)
designed by Denys Roussel F6IWF published in VHG Communication Magazine (URL
www.vhfcomm.co.uk/vhfindex.htm, and "A Single Sideband Modulator for the Low
Frequency (LF) Transmitter (The Phasing System of SSB revisited by Lloyd
Butler VK5BR, originally published in "Amateur Radio", September 2000.

Apparently this method had it problems and required rigid alignment to
prevent unwanted transmitted frequencies associated with this method.

73, Jim (wd4air)