Re: [TenTec] TVI partially solved?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TVI partially solved?
From: "Thomas Jednacz" <tjednacz@ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 16:24:42 -0400
Paul from Ten Tec has stated that grounding the power supply CASE is also
important. An ungrounded case can pick up RF and reradiate it into the power
supply circuitry which can get back into the Orion and cause problems. I
have verified this type of problem with tests in my shack by grounding the
case and one side of the voice coil of Ten Tec's speaker enclosure which
fixed my problem of RF feedback (a floating voice coil is a wonderful RF
pickup device)(don't plug a grounded speaker into a Jupiter or Pegasus).
This reradiated problem is mostly  Orion operation rather than TVI but the
potential is there. The car battery is the real test that will discover the
root cause.

73, Tom, W7QF