Re: [TenTec] WTB 220 Filter

To: "\"RLW\"" <weave2@sbcglobal.net>,"Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB 220 Filter
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <mike.hyder.n4nt@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 09:53:51 -0400
Hi, Rick--

Replacing that filter as you plan is the very best upgrade one can do to the
Argosy.  Even for CW, the 220 filter was a huge improvement for my Argosy
and made it sound like "a real Ten-Tec."  Hope you find one.  By the way,
some fellers get a second 4-pole filter and add its crystals to their
original 4-pole filter resulting in an 8-pole filter.  Probably there are
people who will almost give you a 4-pole filter and others who know their
smoke about adding the crystals and can advise you.

73 and good luck,
Mike N4NT