[Orion] Orion ASCII command info

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion <orion@contesting.com>,orion565@yahoogroups.com, ditsnbits@tentec.com
Subject: [Orion] Orion ASCII command info
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 11:48:36 -0400
There is a new edition my analysis of the Orion serial command set at
http://www.aa6e.net/aa6e/blog/ocommands.html .  I am happy to take
additions, corrections, or other comments.

There are still a number of things broken or incomplete in version
1.372.  I hope new firmware versions will set matters right, but these
issues seem to have had low priority at TT for a long time.

The one that struck me in the face today is that there is apparently
no way to switch the Tx audio from MIC to AUX or BOTH from the
computer.  There is a workaround that partly takes care of the
problem, but it's clearly an oversight at TT.

73 Martin AA6E
--
martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net