Re: [TenTec] Orion ASCII command info

To: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion ASCII command info
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 13:48:16 -0400
> After they get the serial port fixed up, I'd like to see a proper
> digital interface for audio in/out (S/PDIF or your choice).  After
> that's working, how about 14 kHz digital IF outputs?  You'd need a
> little more hardware, but not much.  (Could somebody make an add-on
> board?) These functions would open a world of options for
> computer-based operations.

It's not that difficult to get teh 14 kHz IF out of at least the
sub-receiver. I built up a Y cable that I plugged in between the 14 kHz IF
and the SPARE jack on the back.  I think the same could be done with the
main receiver, but it's on a different board, the subreceiver board is
adjacent to the jack for the SPARE jack. Also I use it for decoding DRM on
shortwave broadcasts.

At one time, TenTec was talking about making up some Y adapters for this
purpose. I've not heard anything further.

73,
Mark