Re: [TenTec] Burned at the bay. The real story.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Burned at the bay. The real story.
From: Michael Melland <w9wis@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:24:00 -0700 (PDT)
My observation of hamfests in my area has resulted in
several hypothesis.

1.  Many if not most of the items for sale at the
hamfest are there to avoid recycling fees at the
landfill.  50% of the items are used computer
monitors,associated 20 year old computer parts and
beanie babies.

2.  Just like some sales at eBay... I've seen
rediculous pricing, outright scams and untruths about
equipment.

Bottom line.... unless buying from a reputable dealer
or someone with a reputation they care at all about,
it doesn't matter where you buy used gear from.  Cavet
Emptor !

Mike, W9WIS

--
Michael Melland, W9WIS