Re: [TenTec] hiss hiding

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] hiss hiding
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 22:21:41 -0400
Well if you turn down the "RF Gain" on a Corsair, virtually all the hiss
disappears leading me to point blame at the IF chain.

BTW: You Pegasus owners can use the headphone jack for an 8 ohm speaker if
you are handy with a soldering iron. Each lead on the jack has a 100 ohm
resistor and electrolytic capacitor in series with it. Just bypass them all.
You won't believe how good it sounds!
Steve Ellington
N4LQ@iglou.com