[TenTec] VFO/Stabilizer

To: "Ten Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] VFO/Stabilizer
From: "Lyle Dunlap" <lyle3dd@grics.net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 08:00:16 -0500
Seems lots of discussion regarding overhauling of the VFO on Corsairs and the
Omni's, nothing wrong with doing that of course.   At same time I would point
out that my Corsair II had a bad VFO in that it would do a lot of drifting
around.  I took care of it an easier way.

I had heard there was someone who had a way of stabilizing the VFO.  Turns out
to be K4DPK.  What you get from him is this professionally built little board
with all the components on it.  There are three or four connections to make,
explains exactly how to do it.  You leave it right inside and thats all there
is to it.  No outside power supplies or anything, no components to mount just a
few connections to make.

With this simple installation you can really update  the good keying old
Corsairs or Omni's and others as well.  QRZ.COM will lead you to his WEB page.
 This little addition will hold that VFO rock stable.  If this little
modifcations is not for you, thats OK too.  Go out and buy an ORION.

Lyle W9FCX