[TenTec] Orion screen freeze

To: <TRX-Manager@yahoogroups.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion screen freeze
From: "Chuck Chandler" <charles_chandler@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 06:45:41 -0500
Cross-posted to TRX and Ten-Tec lists...

An update -

I have heard from two other users of the Orion/TRX combo, both of who have
had this problem.  One reported moving to another software program that
allowed him to lower the polling rate.  This seemed to solve the problem.

Also, I have found that to un-freeze the display I can push either the MENUS
or the MODE buttons twice.  The MENUS button first shows me the Menu page,
then when I push it again it goes back to the main screen, which is now
un-frozen.  The MODE button does NOT show me the mode screen but when I push
it a second time the main screen is also un-frozen.  Other buttons may also
work, but these are the 2 I found.  Either way means I no longer have to
re-boot the radio (now there's a phrase I never thought I would type...) to
continue - a quick double-tap on the buttons and I continue to march.

Laurent - I'd be interested in trying a lower polling rate.  Setting the
slider to the slowest setting for Speed of My Computer has helped a bit -
reduces the frequency of the freeze.

73,
Chuck Chandler
WS1L