Re: [TenTec] Orion firmware upgrade

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion firmware upgrade
From: "ac5aa@juno.com" <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 22:00:32 GMT
>From the discussions I had with the TT guys at Dayton, the new firmware
>revision is a ways off yet.  A total rewrite is a major undertaking, so it
>will not be a quick turnaround item.  There were no new products at the TT
>booth that I could see.  The crowd seemed to be constant there.  Overall,
>Friday attendance seemed busier than normal, and Saturday seemed lower than
>usual.  However, from a couple of vendors who were there that I know, business
>seemed up from last year, with two in particular being almost sold out by the
>end of Friday.  That has to be a good sign.

I was very pleased to find Pietro Begali there in the outside flea market
selling his wonderful paddles (www.i2rtf.com).  I purchased one of his magnetic
Traveller keys to use mobile with the leg strap.  I highly recommend his keys -
they are excellent and quite a bargain for what you get.  (The usual caveats -
I have no pecuniary interest - merely a very satisfied user.  This is my 2nd
Begali key, and probably not my last.)  I think he will be back next year in an
indoor booth.

  73, Duane