Re: [TenTec] My new ORION

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My new ORION
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:29:09 -0500
> I'm glad that you have made your point of view so logical.
> Hard to dispute the facts.

Thank you so much.

Some discussions are worth having.  For others -- life is too short.

I made a few perfectly honest comments based on some facts and MY
experience, which you seem to take umbrage with.  That's fine.  Umbrage is
an infinite resource, so take all you want.  I simply didn't care to get
into a prolonged p*ssing contest, which is the only place this seemed to be
headed.

I do want to make one additional comment on the Orion control interface.  I
give T-T great credit for taking user suggestions on the control interface
to heart and, maybe more importantly, being very selective in which user
suggestions they have implemented.  Everyone has an opinion on this subject,
figuring it's just a few lines of code, and forgetting that it affects every
other Orion owner who may not see eye-to-eye with the guy who thinks this or
that is abnormal in some way.  And as they say, there are as many opinions
as there are ....

And don't forget that some of us have used the Orion as it is for 2+ years,
and are just too old and too stupid to adapt to yet one more person's idea
of how the interface should work.  Which isn't to say that your gripe might
not show up fixed in some future version of software :-)

Grant/NQ5T