[TenTec] My new ORION

Subject: [TenTec] My new ORION
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 20:48:25 -0700
I've found, as I'm sure many others have as well, that there is often
delay and uncertainty in making some adjustments in 1.372. In cycling
thru the AGC settings, the display may say OFF but the AGC is still
on.  The NR circuit behaves the same way.  If I make changes using
HRD thru the serial port, changes are more predictable. Adjustments
under 1.371 were markedly different for me.  But then there were
other trade-offs.  I, too, am waiting for 2.0 for these issues as
well as sudden receiver loss or transmit capability on occasions
after using my Centaur, sidetone clicking while operating QSK on a
noisy band.

Gary W7TEA