Re: [TenTec] ORION'S TROUBLES

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION'S TROUBLES
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 22:25:37 -0400
Ascani,

In using the Orion for AM braodcast reception, the filter bandwidth is 2
times the displayed value.  I recommend using the 3 khz filter setting for
AM, since this is really 6 khz.

As far as roofing filters are concerned, the standard filters are all that
is necessary for good Orion operation.  The 1.8, 500, and 250 add almost
nothing to normal operation.  The DSP filters are quite good along with the
standard built in roofing filters.  Some have found that a small improvement
can be obtained by changing the 1 khz roofing filter with the inrad 600
hertz filter.

Best 73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina