[TenTec] ORION BCI

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION BCI
From: <wq7x@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:39:17 -0400
I believe that ORION can be much more immune to BCI/any out of band signals
than it is now. This has to be simple fix.
I have connected external Attenuator and with just 6dB attenuation the BCI of
S9+10dB was gone.
However with the ORION internal attenuator even  at 18dB and no attenuator at
the input  the BCI was still there.
That means that all major circuitry of ORION is in good shape. The only circuit
before Orions internal attenuator is
INPUT/OUTPUT AO board with bunch of relays and switching diodes to switch the
antenna for main and Sub Rx/Tx.
If I remember correctly Barry didn't agree with me. That is OK but please
present your argument clearly and let me know why
I'm wrong. I'm an RF engineer however I'm not working professionally with RF
anymore.
And yes, I could use HP filter but why. I don't need it with other rigs. Also
ORION is much better than those other rigs.
With this simple fix I think that IP2 currently measured at 63dB (not very
good) perhaps could be over 73dB as TenTec is
showing on their website.
Yes I probably could fix this problem myself. But I'm very busy and I will not
get paid for it. TenTec should do that.
If they do that we all will end up with even better RX. Nothing wrong with that.
73! Mark WQ7X