[TenTec] Sold: Ten-Tec 217 9mhz, 500 hz filter, $30.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Sold: Ten-Tec 217 9mhz, 500 hz filter, $30.
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:32:51 -0700 (PDT)
Got a couple offers to follow up on - thanks to all.

I do notice that at 500hz the Ten Tec filters have
more attenuation than the Inrad equivalents. 6 or 7 db
on that 217 filter would seem about right.

I seem to remember from my last A/B session seeing
6-8db on the Inrad 400hz filter (at 6mhz) and
approximately 10-12 db on the Ten Tec. So we'll keep
an Inrad 400hz filter in the OMNI VI+ for that reason.

The OMNI C is the radio I use the Ten Tec 217 filter
with. That filter seems more in period for the retro
fun, has a nice sound, and the rig is connected to a
dipole most of the time anyway so when the signal
drops down near the noise it's going bye bye anyway.
Most of the time I just use the audio filter in the
rig.

Have the TS480 going at the moment, testing
responsiveness in the first contest (WPX) this
weekend. The OMNI C sounds better (although it's
close), but it operates smooth as silk and connects
directly to the computer, interfaces with N1MM logger,
etc. No reason to pound the 1980 rig like that, I
savor every single QSO on that OMNI...

73,
Don

Re: [TenTec]
from [Steve N4LQ] [Permanent Link][Original]