Re: [TenTec] SSB recieve audio?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SSB recieve audio?
From: "Caitlyn M. Martin" <mizuhoradio@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:27:35 -0700 (PDT)
--- Gary Hoffman <ghghoffmanpspacetechom> wrote:
> I was hoping to hear from CaCaityn this one !
> (smiles)

Gary, you'll notice I had a smiley on the end of my
line, so I wasn't terribly offended, was I?  I saw
plenty of women at Dayton this year, and quite a
number with 1x2 and 2x1 cacallsigns

Speaking of SSSSBudio, the Argonaut V has absolutely
beautiful receive audio.  It compares favorably with
anything I have, including the old KeKenwoodS-430V.
Back in the 80s KeKenwoodefinitely knew how to do
nice, rich sounding audio.  The Argonaut V is even
better.

The IF DSDSPandwidth filtering is really impressive,
especially considering this is an inexpensive radio.
I can go to quite a narrow bandwidth, listen to the
QRQRMrop away (i.e.: on 40m last night) and still have
a very inintelligibleSSSBignal.  Sweet.

AM audio (I do some SWSWLings well) is also absolutely
gorgeous.

The only thing the Argonaut V doesn't have that I
would have loved to see (or hear)  in the DSDSPs a
noise reduction mode and an auto notch.  I think my
W9GR unit is still quite useful with the ArArgonaut.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the new radio.  Time and
technology march on and having a 21st century radio is
a real improvement.  I don't need any of that old tube
gear people were talking about.  I had my tube radio
phase.  It didn't last long.  Give me the new stuff
any day so long as it's done right.  Ten Tec did the
Argonaut V right.

Gotta save my pennies for a matching 526.

72/73,
Caity
K7VO

Caitlyn M. Martin - K7VO
http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
Blog: http://k7vo.blogspot.com
ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP #637