Re: [TenTec] Annual review of the Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Annual review of the Orion
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:22:36 -0700 (PDT)
One thing I've noticed. Those that use the N4pY
software to drive their Orions have a lot less
complaints. What does this tell us?

That N4PY should be programming the firmware in the
radio itself?

I don't know if he is even conversant in the specific
microcode of Orion, but he has suggested that he would
consider it. I long ago suggested that Ten Tec offload
the programming burdon for the radio. The radio
improves faster, but Ten Tec relinquishes absolute
control of their product.

Do You Yahoo!?
TenTec mailing list