Re: [TenTec] Using Different Rigs for Fun!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using Different Rigs for Fun!
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:12:49 -0700
I truly agree with this. I have an Omni-VI+ which has a great contest
and DX personna and that is where I use it. I also use it for PSK.  I
have a Paragon that I use for casual rag chewing and CW with the Centaur
amp. I have my new Corsair II which seems to be destined for my serious
everyday barefoot CW work and general listening rig. I have two
Scouts.... one for portable and the other in the car. I have a Century
21 setup that is my current favorite. I think I am in a retro mode or
something. And of course when I need a reality check I turn on my
TS-940SAT which is a fine non-Ten-Tec rig (including some CW features I
wish my other rigs had).

Basically, I would never be satisfied with just one radio... they all
have their different personalities and using each is a different
listening and transmitting experience. I could sell them all off and by
an Orion but then... well.... I'll just wait till I can add an Orion.

Variety is the 'spice' of life!

73,
Jerry, KG6TT