[TenTec] 580 Delta

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 580 Delta
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:56:45 -0500
For those of you familiar with the 580 Delta, I have a few questions.
The literature says it has an RIT/TRX of + or - 1 khz..   I would not use an
external VFO and this would not be enough to work up 1-3 split. Has anyone
tried to make this tune farther than 1 khz?
I do not see any reference to an RF gain control. That would be a must for
Since this would be primarily a rig to take on vacation/trips would this be
a good choice?  Where we go there is not a lot of  30+ over9 signals, so
close in imd is not an issue. Size and weight plus performance are the
Any input positive or negative would be appreciated.

Thanks 73 Paul K9OT

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

TenTec mailing list