[TenTec] Comparison -Ten Tec to Brand X

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Comparison -Ten Tec to Brand X
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 12:17:57 -0700
Kenwood.  Yes, they regularly have someone lurking on their reflector
that has good information and they share it with us.  Yes, I've had
them send me free parts when I spoke to their engineers about a
problem, and they occasionally do warranty work after the warranty
expired on me.  This is my personal experience over the last 15 years
of owning and operating some fine Kenwood gear.  (I will note the
exception that about 15 years ago, Kenwood service in Cerritos had some
management problems that resulted in a personal friend of mine being
treated very badly...)

I appreciate the smiley face :-) but still, every once in a while, I
like to mention that (at least for me), Ten Tec needs no defense and
needs no comparison to the big three amateur radio manufacturers.  I
find Ten Tec gear as the right tool depending on the job I have, and
this does not depend on the failure of brand X radios.  I don't have to
think they're awful in order to appreciate my Ten Tec rigs.

Just my two cents.