Re: [TenTec] CAT interfacing to Omni V

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CAT interfacing to Omni V
From: Ed <w3nr@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 03:46:51 -0400
On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 09:26:29PM +0100, Bob wrote:
> I'm having problems interfacing a PC to my Omni V for CAT. The protocols -

Bob, for the Omni V you need the CAT cable setup as:

RXD to TXD
TXD to RXD

in other words a "crossover " connection, and of course the ground  5 to 7.

Then I suggest you Google for "N4PY and Omni V" and look at the results. The
only app that I know of that uses the Omni V protocol as-is
is Writelog. Tentec at one time offered a DOS program, probably written in
Basic that you might also look for.  HTH .....73

Ed W3NR