Re: [TenTec] Horizontal loop for 80m

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Horizontal loop for 80m
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 06:56:25 -0400
Nope.

Actually it was modeled with Eznec, for optimum height above ground and with
local ground conditions here is Cook County. Went for optimum gain spacing
as down here F/B is not an important consideration. Also understanding model
results can be somewhat different from actual performance. Seemed to work
reasonably well as my on my first contact I was able to break into a large
European pile up and work 9N7CW using the Omni 6 Plus barefoot.

The 2-element modeled at 14.7 dBi and a 3-element modeled at 15.8 dBi and
F/B was somewhere around 18 dB. Height above ground was 64 feet.

If you would like to play with the model, can send you the file?

Tommy

W4BQF