[TenTec] unusual SWR into dummy load on single set of bands: ParagonII

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] unusual SWR into dummy load on single set of bands: ParagonII
From: "Edward A. Feustel" <efeustel@direcway.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:01:26 -0400
On the Paragon II, 40M and 30M both pass through the same lowpass filter
on transmit.
On all bands except these two, the swr into my Heathkit cantenna is
below 1.05 to 1.  On
these two bands, there is a 1.4 to 1 swr on 40 M and 1.7 to 1 on 30M.

I get the swr indication on the Paragon II even on a regular antenna
when my  229B tells me
that it sees a 1 to 1 SWR.

This just does not seem correct.  Any hints as to what might be wrong?
Thanks,
Ed, N5EI