[TenTec] Omni V QSK

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V QSK
From: We5f@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:55:23 EDT
>I've seen somewhere a reference to cutting out the TX/RX relay to make
the changeover quieter, hopefully as quiet as my Argonaut II.

Can anybody shed a light on it and maybe let me know how to do it?

If the relay in the Omni V is similar to the one in my Paragon, and I'd bet
on it, you can use the method I used, as suggested by another reader to this

Gently pry off the relay cover (I used a flat-blade screwdriver under one
edge) and insert a cardboard paper match between the relay contacts.  Cut the
head off the match first (duh!).  :o)

Works like a champ, and is easily reversible.  No "permanent" changes to
circuitry required.  You may want to make a note in your manual, however, to
remind you to reverse it in the event you want to use the relay in the future.

Ahhh!  Quiet QSK.

73, Jim K5HO

Nunquam Secundum
TenTec mailing list