1. Remove top cover of radio.
2. Look for relay, small plastic cased relay on left
rear of radio IIRC.
3. Carefully pop plastic cover off relay.
4. Place a piece of cardboard, card stock or paper
match between contacts to wedge relay open.
5. Button everything up and enjoy the silence <grin>.
I silenced my Omni V relay this way as it didn't
require any modifications and was totally reversable.
Worked fine this way for the 8 years I owned it.
Michael Melland, W9WIS
Redgranite, WI USA
Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online and more. Check it out!
TenTec mailing list