Re: [TenTec] Orion NR on SSB

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion NR on SSB
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:58:43 EDT
I also remember that something on the NR that once a noise reduction  setting
is set for a given signal, that further adjustment actually changes
nothing.. or something like that. .

for grins I tune up in the evening on the fellows at 3.840. some of the  boys
are using wide band signals.  opening up the BW to 6 kc really turns  your
head.  one of them has pretty much fm quality audio and the rest sound  like
they are talking into a coffee can to sound better. but they are also a  great
way to play with the audio setings (hi & lo cut , pbt and bw) to see  what is
what.

YMMV

tom N6AJR