Re: [TenTec] Should I buy an Orion now or wait

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Should I buy an Orion now or wait
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:02:19 EDT
I have recently purchased an orion.  and also signed up to this  reflector.

realise something here on the reflector. These guys are mostly talking  about
things that on a scale of 1 to 100 are a 1 or a 2,  like the  whatever  code
jiggle thing.  a minor chirp that you can't hear on the  first dit..  now that
is good for 3 days and 15 posts here, but it is a  zero problem.. heck we did
2 days and 10 emails on putting a little silver  marker on the raised
lettering on the orions faceplate.. where it says PH,  CW  and A B .. duh
another
zero problem.  they did 1 day and 5 emails  on the fact there is no orange dot
in
the ten tec logo on the orion.  so a  lot of what you see here is kind of
like nit picking some mity small nits.

the orion is a good to great radio, as I learn more on how to use it it  gets
even better.  it has built in voice keying and 2 user favorite setup
buttons, like the fancy cars that have a chip in the key so it moves the seat
and
the mirrors for each different driver prefferences.

you can listen to either vfo, on antenna 1, 2 onr a receive only antenna,
splits are as easy as listening Here on vfo1 and TX there on vfo2 , push 1
button.

so I recommend you do it and sooner is better, by the time you find they
have made it "perfect" you may be years down the road.  buy it now if you  want
one,  or move on to something else.  it is a great rig and worth  the $ in my
book and I currently have 7 other hf rigs, and have owned probably  another
dozen over the last few years.  the orion is a keeper.

tom N6AJR