Re: [TenTec] SDR done right?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SDR done right?
From: "Reed O. Krenn" <reed_ww3a@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:27:13 -0400
On Tue June 21 2005 15:03, Caitlyn M. Martin wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> An SDR done right?  Ten Tec not up to the task?  I
> submit the Argonaut V (model 516) with v. 1.08
> software as an example of an SDR done right.  The
> little rig is simply fantastic and I can't find a
> fault with it yet.

Hi Caity -

My neighbor Pat, K4BEH, had one for a few weeks and he loved it *except* for
the lack of autonotch in the DSP. Apparently there was no interest at TT to
add the capability via firmware upgrade, so he traded it back in and got a
Jupiter. He agonized quite a bit about it, though, 'cause he REALLY liked it
otherwise.
--
Reed O. Krenn
reed_ww3a@alltel.net